Saturday, September 14, 2013

MIDWEST BARNS MICHIGAN # 5

Barns!  One of my favorite photo subjects! I contrive driving routes just to find barns.  Well, in the Midwest, barns just come naturally.  Be still my heart!
We got vertigo just walking around this neglected specimen.



What I love is that corn fields had not yet been harvested.  I was humming music from "Oklahoma!" as the corn  I framed here rustled in the breeze.  Good thing it was only breezy; we are wondering if 
this winter's first storm will bring the barn to its weathered knees.

Or will this tree keep it up?  If we ever get back,
we will find this barn to see how it fares, and
pay tribute to its crumpled bones if that is all that is left.

A different barn:

Healthy corn silk:

I love the way this panel of barn windows reflects both red and blue, like the sky and barn itself:

And here where an old opening was patched in:



Pictures of Midwest barns are not contrived!  I was happy to 
get in a position to make this photo to include wildflowers
and ideal sky:


No comments: