Thursday, March 22, 2012

ENCORE


No, I do not mean that this photography deserves accolades.  The title refers to
the fresh snowfall we got this morning!

Because I had just rambled about during the last surprise snow, I decided there was nothing more to capture, so I enjoyed the fresh beauty from inside.
Two hours later - and too late for the best photos - the meander mood overcame me, and out I went.
Since the last snowfall, early spring blossoms have popped out.  Again, I was really
too late for the bloom-under-snow shot, as things were dripping:

Knowing there wouldn't be anything exciting, I decided to experiment with
different settings at the few places I stopped:


I began my loop on the tried-and-true route just 5 minutes from our house:
 Different camera settings of same (heh, heh) "setting":




Well, what do you know.  The car just happened to swing by the Old Mill Pond! 
It too is within 5 minutes of home, so I was at the end of my loop:

On the return, I checked out the remnants of part of an old RR bridge.
It disappears into the woods, and simply ends there:



Nearly back home now, this is the other end of that RR bridge:

Back at home, skies had cleared.  This is the same tree as in
the first 3 shots:

1 comment:

pat said...

Oh! These give me a perfect feeling for what the day was like...what a treat. You certainly made the rounds, and made the best of what you saw.