Wednesday, March 7, 2012

COMMAND PERFORMANCE


For the past 3 months I have had to watch my favorite weather, snow, from a passive position.  What I really wanted to do was get outside with my camera, but I it was impossible for me. (The reason is explained in my blog of  February 29th) .
My secret wishes unexpectedly came true - in March!  Yesterday we woke up to several inches of fresh snow, and I couldn't get my coat and boots on fast enough.
I drove the snowy roads so early that I was alone, "breaking trail", and the ''dawn's early light" was a magical blue hue.
I loved that color.  I'm glad the camera captured that atmosphere because the photos will remind me of how alone I was in the quiet dawn with snow still falling heavily. I scurried around as fast as I could while that mood was predominant.

I just wanted to capture local scenes, not far from home:





The lovely cranberry red siding of the train depot (above)was stunning, surrounded by whiteness, and makes for the ideal segue for the next photos:



 Same bush, looking straight up, which caused the lens to be snowed-upon:


Fences always catch my eye when they are detailed by snow:



Just a little later in the morning, a more natural light came through.
Locals are calling this the "perfect (snow) storm" because there was plenty of it, it was beautiful and not wet, and it vanished under the sun by afternoon!
I like to secretly think it came just for me!

2 comments:

MaryLou said...

I know that that "perfect snow storm day" came just for you. Although all so beautiful, my favorite is of the bush with the red berries. So glad you are back!!!

pat said...

Love the depot shots! I didn't get that far, and now I wish I had. Glad you are back "boggin'" as per your email.