Saturday, July 9, 2011

ISLAND-HOPPING

Island-hopping, Northwest style!  And I don't mean going from one island to the other, but staying on Camano Island, hopping for joy every moment!
Photo buddy Pat and I picked the ideal day and destination.
When I downloaded my photos, I did more jumping for joy at having made all the right settings.
They all looked like I had photo-shopped for the intense color, but I do not
believe in that, and never, ever do it.  It was simply, a "saturated" day, by nature!


We also found the perfect beach; part sand, part combing-conditions, with a view of the Cascades.
I did not use my telephoto, so Mt. Baker is very distant:

All my growing-up years we had property on Makah Bay.
I was free to roam the private Pacific beaches, taking only my sense of adventure and imagination.
This driftwood beach was reminiscent, adding another dimension to the "perfectness" of our outing this day:



It was also warm enough, even in the morning, to be in short sleeves.

Mt. Baker:

This old fallen sentinal was large enough to stand in.
I wanted to be a child again!

Clear jellyfish magnify the rocks:

No comments: