Sunday, June 19, 2011

THEY DO NOT STAND ALONE

It did not take me long at all to determine that I do not like the effect of almost an entire flower looking out of focus, even if it is on purpose.  To me the result feels "unfinished", like I want to adjust the lens and bring it all to clarity.
The following photos were in the pitch pile until I noticed the effect the settings had on the backgrounds.
They each look as if they have been watercolored, or even digitally tweaked.
Eeek, no!  I never, ever enhance or ditz around with my photos.
If I can't "take it" the way I want, well, out they go.
I love the coloring of these backgrounds.  Maybe I will use these settings after all,  just to
capture great backdrops!


 Gotta' have that bee!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I think these are all exceptionally beautiful, and really like the "out of focus" look as it softens the background and therefore brings even more detail to the subject.