Sunday, September 7, 2008

DANCE OF THE SEED SPORES

Yesterday I was sitting here at my computer, enjoying the perfect autumn, breezy weather. I saw, in the flower box in front of me, this seed spore, twisting and swinging around and back while stuck to a stem of ornamental grass. I could hardly believe my eyes that such a delicate whisp of a thing was surviving the wind! I held my breath that it would still be there when I got outside with my camera.

Up and around it danced, with the whim of the breezes:
Still, it hung on, swinging and dipping like a fairy athlete on an exercize bar:
I could have watched this miniscule flora performance for ever!

3 comments:

Barbara Kirschner said...

Like a ballerina exercising at her barre! Sometimes her tutu is billowing out and sometimes held close in to her legs! Magical, ML. Love, Barb

Jess said...

Barb put it so eloquently, I totally agree! This is pure magic... I would have been mesmerized by her "dance" too!

Yvette A said...

Oh very neat, nice photos