Monday, May 20, 2013

THIRD ANNUAL COUSIN CAPERS, Part 2

We spent one day hiking in Kolob Canyon - a new area for us.




The Taylor Creek canyon, after we reached the bottom:

This is the park department sign at the top of the trail, showing the trail route and amazing
surroundings of our hike:


This rock outcropping gave us shade and a bench for a resting place.
Nature had much to offer!

We came across this 1920's-era cabin; the environment had been too harsh for homesteading, but
we loved making up stories of the occupants and their activities:




 No, this photo is not turned sideways.  I was looking straight up.
I loved the dark old sentinel against the bluest of skies: 

And looking down was just as rewarding:

1 comment:

pat said...

Beautiful, beautiful. You know me--I am a beach/water/ocean girl, but there is something captivating about the red rock formations. It was fun seeing Kolob through your eyes! I really like the shot of the cliffs framed by the tree branch.