Monday, February 18, 2013

MORE NISQUALLY DELTA INHABITANTS

I think this Great Blue Heron looks like he is about to bow to his partner
for the cotillion:


Now a little less distracted by the social graces, and more intent on fishing:
(Or maybe spurned, and pouting on the sidelines?)

This bald eagle was not actually at the Nisqually, but spotted as we drove back roads on the way home:

And this is the reason we took to the back roads, so we could gaze on Mt. Rainier in all its loftiness this sunny day.  The Mountain was a larger-than-life presence on the route we chose.

2 comments:

pat said...

These make me smile. I love that we both saw Blues in different areas. And the first one does look as if he is getting ready to bow.

Lynda said...

So exquisitely beautiful - what a glorious day! I love the heron; I miss seeing them so much outside my window! I am amazed you were able to get this close. He DOES look as if he is formally bowing, and then sulking. You do have such a gift for this. There is something about an Eagle; no wonder we all reverence them!