Thursday, December 8, 2011

SOLO RAMBLE IN THE WOODS

A last day of autumn, and it was not raining; it was refreshingly cold, and I had to get outside!
This time I truly did go on a "ramble", with no preconceived idea of where I would go.
I found myself discovering the Tokul Creek area:

But the direction I headed took me past a favorite and familiar stopping place first:
Snoqualmie's old mill pond.
The mountains' reflection was not going to be good because there was a riffle
on the water surface, but I really liked the monotone trees on the opposite shore:

I had to break the "don't center objects" rule for this shot; it was
just so nicely graphic to me:

The woods were dark, illuminated only by the ruffles of the creek.
Plus, the last remaining leaves were giving  their all:

 I was surprised to find an actual trail:


  As daylight faded, I enjoyed the solitude, and the gathering of fog over the trail.
I didn't go any further however, having seen a new sign warning of bear and cougar
in the vicinity.


 I was home in time to settle in with this stamp of approval on my outing:

1 comment:

MaryLou said...

Thank you for taking me on your outing of solitude and serenity. Just looking at your pictures brings comfort.